Monday, September 5, 2011

WHAT I WORE: LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2011


I took it easy for the Labor Day Weekend, stayed local and did the Beer Garden, BBQ thing. Nothing crazy....saving myself for my trip to Ibiza & Mallorca in 10 days ! Here's what I wore....


FRIDAY: BEER GARDEN
The weather this evening was Summer meets a Fall breeze so I incorporated some Fall items like the denim jacket and suede loafers with a summer maxi dress.
Denim Jacket: GAP from over 10 years ago
Dress: ALLOY
Loafers: ALDO
Photobucket
Photobucket

My friend Anna met up with me...she had the same idea going on too :)
Photobucket

SATURDAY: BACKYARD BBQ
Just because it's in a backyard, doesn't mean you can't dress up.  Any or every occassion can call for an ensemble.  Since the Summer breezed by I never got to wear these floral shorts, so I was more than happy to throw them on for some BBQ fun! I mixed prints and thought sailor stripes along with a red/white/blue palette was an appropiate way to close the summer.
Top: H&M
Shorts: FOREVER 21
Wedge Shoes: BCBG Max Azaria 5 years ago
Photobucket
Photobucket

MONDAY:  GOVERNOR'S ISLAND
This place is truly majestic.  Someone once asked me where do you go to get a way from it all in NYC? Governor's Island would definitely be one of them.  This historic island that once was a Military Base and also housed the Coast Guards that would port in the NY Harbor is a sanction of tranquility. There are beautifully bricked homes & buildings built in the early 1800-1930s surrounded by great green lawns and a picnic area with hammocks, swings, large chairs and picnic tables that overlook the water and Lady Liberty.  This is where I found my peace on this American Holiday.
Dress: FOREVER 21 (5 years ago) A classic yet editorial piece.
Ballet Flats: ALDO
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunglasses:  Cat Eye Urban Outfitters



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages