Thursday, October 27, 2011

SNAPPIN' IN ART THE STREET: BRONX


Graffiti once considered vandalism prevailed its bad rep and gained street cred. This is how OBEY Clothing founder and street artist Shepard Fairey got his start. He began tagging walls with graffiti and was even arrested for it, but that didn't stop him from creating his vision and getting his message out there.  Graffiti is a also form of art, a vision, it brings character, and for me it defines the essence of NYC in the 80s when there was a true NYC culture and vibe in the air.  I love using these murals for What I Wore Backgrounds.  Below slideshow are murals  I used in September 2010.  The same walls now have new art on them and I'll be using them again soon!




Below September 2011: Walls by Latin Artists FC
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages